Followers

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Steampunk!

I was over at Sue's blog and saw that she had made some wonderful ATC's with a steampunk theme. These were for the challenge at Make My Monday, which is not one I have participated in before, but the theme interested me. I have only made ATC's once before a couple of years ago but thought I'd have a go!
The criteria is as follows:
This is the first Monday in September and that means a brand new theme and challenges. This month they have been chosen by Cath and her theme isSTEAMPUNK.
Steampunk is based around the Victorian era and tends to incorporate elements of science fiction and fantasy with futuristic innovations such as fashion, culture, architecture and art.
So that being said your first challenge is to create a STEAMPUNK ATC.
ATCs can be any medium, stamped or collaged however they must be 2.5" x 3.5". 

I used some old map backing paper for the base and then used various images from Kldezign to create my ATC. I distressed the base and images with Victorian Velvet and Black Soot and used promarkers to colour the images. I used foam pads to lift the images and stamped a postal mark from Darkroom Door. the ticket was also from KLdezign. I attached a circle of embossed foil with a brad to one corner. I enjoyed this challenge and may have another go at it:)




Thanks for looking and I love to read your comments;)

15 comments:

GinaA said...

This is gorgeous, great take on steampunk. Must have a go.

Aquarius said...

Great steampunk ATC - not something I've made for a long time either but it's a great theme and an excuse to get inky fingers.

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous steampunk creation....this is something so new and different....but lovely to play with inks and colours.

Anne

Unknown said...

Very Steampunky Val - well done. Glad you found the KLDezign link handy.

Jacqueline said...

I love this - very Steampunk. Thank you so much for joining in this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

Sasha said...

I love this more feminine style of steampunk, Val. Your card looks amazing and has inspired me...Gorgeous creation!

Cazro said...

Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, you have certainly got a flair for Steampunk. I do hope you will try again and join us, keep looking in each Monday for the rest of the month at least. Caz

Yvonne Garner said...

Looks like a number of us are giving it a go for the first time! Great job! So well thought out.

Meggymay said...

I love this , its a fantastic Steampunk, great images, love the umbrella. Yvonne x

Vicky Hayes said...

You've done a great job Val! I'm really enjoying these challenges too. Vx

Suzi B said...

Hi Valerie.. Love this fabulous ATC I like every thing about it. It's lovely to see you at the Make My Monday challenge.
Suzi B xx

Marina said...

I like the colours on this ATC.

Cath said...

A great ATC love what you have done. Thanks for joining in over on Make My Monday.

Cath

Fliss said...

Wow Valerie! Your atc is awesome and I just love the take on steampunk too.
Thanks so much for joining in with our Make My Monday steampunk atc challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

Shirley said...

Very lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...