Followers

Saturday 3 September 2011

Birthday boy and official news!

It's my eldest son's birthday today and I found an amazing card on Gill's blog which I loved and had to case! Check out her blog as she has some beautiful cards and ideas to inspire:)
The official news is that we are to become grandparents in March for the first time!! So exciting I may have to knit something:)
Dominic loves old documents and I found a map of our county, Middlesex, on the internet and used it to cover the front of the card. I distressed it with Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap and Torn Lipstick. I tore and curled the edges and stamped a man on the side and added some embellishments to the corners. The insert was matted onto brown card and stamped with some vintage images and distressed with DI. I cut the corner off using a circle punch and attached ribbon with a brad.





                                                                             

We had a birthday BBQ yesterday and luckily it stayed mainly dry! We had a gazebo to shelter under but only needed it once. This weather is getting slightly depressing, perhaps September will be an Indian summer?

Thanks for looking and you know I love to read your comments and visit your blogs:)

13 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Well first congratulations to you and hubby for becoming grand parents to be and secondly congrat to the parents to be aswell I think this little one is going to spoilt rotten lol this is a great card Valerie I really like it the vintage feel to it it's brilliant happy belated birthday to your son have a great B/H
Jacki xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oh, you must be over the moon Valerie - huge congratulations to you and your family.

The card is awesome - I really struggle with masculine card ideas for some reason. Love the whole design, and the vintage look. Absolutely brilliant!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Aquarius said...

A fantastic card for someone who loves old maps and documents - I bet he loved it. Congratulations on the good news too.

Stamps and Paper said...

Firstly a huge congratulations on becoming and grandparents...you wont have as much money to spend on crafts then...lOl...lOl...
Fabulous card and your son will it I love vintage anyway.

Anne

Unknown said...

Bet Dom loved this card Val - real shabby vintage feel to it. Glad that the BBQ went well.

Sasha said...

Congratulations! Val, on the great news that you're going to become grandparents!
I love the card with insert for your sons birthday. Fab vintage look!!

Anonymous said...

I love your version of the card Valerie - it looks fantastic! Congrats on your good news, and happy knitting! hugs, Gill x

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow Val - I don't know what to say first! I think it has to be congratulations!!! So exciting to become a grandma! But your card is just as worthy of a wow! Love the insert and the whole vintage look of it. Vx

G Peplow said...

Hi Valerie, Fantastic news, many congratulations on your pending Grand parenthood, whoopee!!:0)
Love your vintage card, like most of us I struggle with cards for the chaps but this is simply stunning,!! Gay xxx

Viv said...

Oooh Valerie......now you know how excited I am too!!!!it's our first grandchild/children also, expected in Jan and Feb....we will both be so busy! get knitting ....I do it all the time now:O) fantastic news. Oh and super card too, love the vintage look :O) Viv xx

Christine said...

Hello Valerie,
I'm Christine and I'm living in Belgium. My English is not so very good, but I try to explain. You make lovely cards and in the future I'm gonna take many looks at your blog!
If you have a litte bit of time take a look at my blog too.
Greets
Christine

Carol said...

Lovely card Valerie and congrats on the news. Carol x

G Peplow said...

Hi Valerie, Hope you all had fun yesterday on your son's birthday:0) Thank you for your kind comment on my card, it's great when you visit you always make me smile:0) Gay xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...