Followers

Friday 6 November 2015

Another Christmas card!

Lots of opportunities at the moment for making Christmas cards for various challenges and I thought I'd take part in the latest one over at Stamping Sensations.

******Festive Flowers and foliage******

With so many lovely Christmas floral stamps not to mention all the lovely holly ivy and other seasonal foliage ones available you should not be lost for choice this month. And of course you can use any design papers you wish, you don't have to have those used by the design team.

I loved the freebie stamps that came with the latest issue of Creative Stamping and so here is the card I made with them:


I have gone for a frosty look using blues and greys and some white glitter.
We have 4 birthdays this month, it was my friend Michele's last weekend and also my brother in law who was 80!


I used triple embossing on Michele's card which made a change from triple stamping.

My card for my brother in law was created in Craft Artist


We had a very busy weekend, Keir, Lara, Charlie and Phoebe arrived on Friday morning and I held a lunch party for 12 so that our friends could meet Phoebe. She was a little star and has been sleeping through the night ( 11 hours ) and hardly ever cries. Charlie was a joy and on Saturday we spent the day at a local zoo/theme park which he thoroughly enjoyed and the weather was lovely. 

Dreadfully grey and wet this week which is perfect for crafting!!


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely Christmas card Val.......those stamps are lovely arent theyy....havent had a chance to use mine yet. Bet Michellle and Noel loved their cards.

Hugs.

Karen xxx

Aquarius said...

You have been busy - I've yet to use my free Christmas stamps from that magazine which I just had to get after seeing your original card using them. Not seen triple embossing before but it is so effective and the card made in CA is very clever. Very wet and windy here today and so dark.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely cards Val and my stamps are still attached to the magazine as well...

Anne

Sally H said...

Stunning cards, Val! I love your entry for Stamping Sensations! A really beautiful creation! Great colours and I love the aperture x
Thanks for joining us this month and good luck!

Meggymay said...

A wonderful traditional winter scene, its a great card. The birthday cards are fantastic as well.
Yvonne xx

Pia S said...

I love reindeer on Christmas cards. You've created a true beauty, love the dimensional frame and your stamped winter scene, it's beautiful!

Viv said...

Glad you joined us this month at Stamping Sensations Val! Lovely makes as always! x

Dora said...

beautiful little stamped scene.
soft colours too.
thank you for joining at stamping Sensations this month.

Darnell said...

You've created a trio of beauties here, Val! Your CC with the snowy scene is peaceful and serene! Your triple embossing, triple matting, and triple butterfly card is so pretty in purples and white! And your masculine card is filled with guy-loving texture! Congratulations to your BIL for this milestone! Lastly, I'm glad to hear all is well with your sweet family! Where is a photo from your lunch party?? My son was a good sleeper like that. I remember overhearing my MIL say one time to my FIL that there was "something wrong him!" I was horrified, of course, but it turned out he was just a good sleeper. It took a lot of sleep to grow his big brain, lol! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

Wow so many super cards here Val! Loving the scrabble tile idea esp. how clever. You have been busy again, so great that Phoebe is such a good sleeper too. Lucky parents, Amelia is good too, always smiling. Enjoy your weekend, we are babysitting tomorrow and Sunday ☺ hugs Viv xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Biggest congratulations to you on winning with this beautiful deer card! I just love the wreath you created around the window! Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...