Followers

Sunday 4 January 2015

Stamping Sensations

Morning everyone and it's an exciting one for me as I was invited to be Guest designer this month on the Stamping Sensations challenge blog as part of the prize that I won back in October!

The challenge this month is to incorporate dies and or punches in your work. This should be very popular as we all seem to use dies to embellish our cards.

Come and see what I came up with:


I used a Tonic verso die with a matching topper called Pansy. The stamp is part of my prize from Imagination crafts and it's a decoupage one called Waterlily which I coloured with PM's and stamped again to create the decoupage. The topper then gets tucked in to the centre of the large diecut and I put blue card behind to enhance the design. I added a few tiny dots of cosmic shimmer glue to the lily and the dragonflies. The sentiment is a very old SeeDee one.

I do hope you'll pop over to Stamping Sensations to check out the fabulous inspiration from the design team and to join in the challenge this month.
I am also entering my card into the January challenge over at Imagination - Crafts  as their theme is Anything Goes and I have used their fabulous stamp!


13 comments:

brenda said...

Morning Valerie,

A super combination of stamping and die cutting and really striking colours.

Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at Stamping Sensations this month and Happy New Year.

B x

Aquarius said...

Lovely card and it is great to see stamping creeping back into use along with dies.

Joan said...

Lovely card, great use of the die combined with the very pretty stamp

Joan

Viv said...

Oh this is lovely Val! Fab stamp and I really like your layout! x

Sally H said...

A stunningly beautiful card, Val! very elegant and beautiful. Love the colours and the die and stamp go so well together. It is great to have you with us at stamping sensations as GDT. Happy new year xxx

pinky said...

Valerie your card is stunning. I adore that beautiful tonic die you have used and think I NEED IT now!! Lovely to have you with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Hugs
Pinky

MaryH said...

Valerie - just saw your GD card over at Stamping Sensations and popped over for a closer look (and became your newest follower as well). This is one stunning die and love the waterlily decoupaged flower. It's a very dramatic & gorgeous card and a wonderful card for your GD assignment. So glad I happened to spot it over at S.Sensations. TFS & Hugs. Hope you'll find time to visit me sometime.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card Valerie, love the details on the die cut. Congratulations on your guest designer spot.
Yvonne x

Unknown said...

Great GD card Val. This looks lovely with the stamped central image and the touches of CS. Great colourway.

Karen xxx

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, val... the layered waterlily is gorgeous! congrats on your guest designer spot!!

Pia S said...

Wow! Love these dies and what you created with them! So elegant! Beautiful image too, it looks great with the popped up parts!

Viv said...

Hi Val, well done on the GD spot! love the card too, what pretty dies and stamping here, just love it ;) Viv xx

CrisyNoe said...

Beautiful card!! This stamp is really nice!!
Thanks for joining us at Imagination Crafts Challenge!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...