Followers

Saturday 6 April 2013

Woven page

Hi everyone just a quick post to show my latest dictionary page for the ALPHA challenge over at The Craft Barn. The letter this week is R and I chose RIBBON as my word. I missed the last letter but my M page is on the wall of fame at Craft Barn, woo hoo!!
RIBBON is defined as:

I applied acrylic paint over both pages and when it was dry I added some distress inks and on the left side I added strips of ribbon woven and stamped flourishes over the page. I also used paste on a stencil and added glitter and some glimmer spray.


I took two different backing papers, cut them into strips, wove them together and cut a heart out of the finished weave.


Sorry for the cropped photo but otherwise my thumb was in full view:)

We had a beautiful day here today and it was so nice to feel the warmth of the sun. Didn't stop me booking a week away in sunnier climes though:)

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I love to read your comments. I'll be back tomorrow with my LIM card:)



20 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Great pages Val lovely colours and textures

Anne

Anonymous said...

The heart is amazing. Lots of interest with colour and texture.
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

Great pages, love the fabulous woven heart.
Yvonne

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love the woven heart Val - gorgeous texture and colours too.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Annie said...

These pages are beauties! Love all the woven ribbons and the swirls that set it all off!

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooo cool, I luv the challenge..hope you have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Aquarius said...

It is really interesting to see these dictionary pages and this one is beautiful with the woven effect.

BJ said...

Super pages on Ribbon. Love the shimmer and shine in the stamping. BJ

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Stunning work!
xx

Scrapmate said...

Great pages & I love the weaving.

Karen said...

Well done on getting onto our wall of fame, well deserved Val! I love your ribbon weaving, fab page!

Karen from The Craft Barn xx

Elaine said...

Great idea to choose ribbon - the weaving looks great!

Bev said...

A lovely job Val.....that weaving looks really fiddly, but very effective!

Bev x

Bonnie Irvine said...

Such amazing texture on these pages. Love how the shiny bits catch the light. The woven heart is a great detail.

Sylvia said...

Love the colour and texture on these ribbon pages, fabulous.

Sylv xx

Viv said...

Fab pages Val, must have taken ages to do too, love it :) Viv xx

Maisie Moonshine said...

Love your ribbon weaving - great pages. MMx

LindaS said...

Wonderful weaving and embossing on yourncool,pages.

Dawn said...

Beautiful pages Val, I love the details and colours.
Hugs x

Anonymous said...

This is great!!
Thanks for playing with us.
Izzy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...