Followers

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Crafty Cardmakers challenge no 70

Hi everyone this is a new challenge to me but there is some brilliant inspiration from the DT that I thought I'd have a go:) The criteria is to make anything as long as it's not a card, tag or ATC.
I was going to make a bookmark, love them don't you, except I'm reading a very long book on my Kindle at the moment so it wouldn't get used! So..... I suddenly remembered that I had instructions from the amazing Vicky on how to make a house album and decided to have a go and here it is:)




 The roof gets taken off and the greeting goes inside and when you undo the ribbon photos are on each side of the house.
I stamped the walls to have a faux clapboard effect and the flowers and grasses are an assortment of stamps and I trailed roses around the door.
Thanks for taking the time to visit, please leave a comment so that I can visit you:)


14 comments:

Sasha said...

Ooooo! This is gorgeous, Val. Fabulous work! It even has roses growing around the door. Love how you stamped all those pretty flowers and grass, and embossed your roof, too.

Sally H said...

Fabulous, Val!I love the flowers all around it and the door too. I'm thinking this would look good as a beach hut too (Sorry, it is only five and a bit weeks till my holiday, so I keep thinking about the seaside!)

Jenny said...

This is definitely better than a bookmark!!
I love your details, like the texture of the walls and the shading on the door......so sweet and brilliantly made Val :0)
Jenny x

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow Val this is gorgeous...love how you have decorated your house with all the flowers the stamped ones and the roses....much more interesting than a book mark!
See you Saturday...

Anne

Papercraft By Carole said...

What a great idea for an album. The colours you've used are great - and the stamping on the walls is really effective. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxx

Unknown said...

What a really neat idea Val - love all the stamping on the outside. The scoring on the roof is really effective as well. Wish you'd also shown us what it looks like open!

Aquarius said...

That's a fabulous project and something a bit different - love it

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Val I absolutely love your version! I'm so pleased those instructions came in handy! Vicky x

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie how lovely to see you here at Crafty Cardmakers and with such a fabulous project too ! I agree with Jenny and much better than a bookmark. Love the stamped flowers around the house and the other 3d flowers are so cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and hope to see you again soon.

Marie

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

This is adorable, Val! I LOVE this pot with roses next to the door!!!

Anonymous said...

That is just the sweetest little cottage.
Heather T

Meggymay said...

Fantastic project, it is gorgeous, a real 'chocolate box cottage'. Thank you for sharing it with us at CCM this time.
Yvonne x

fionalawlor said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I love the roses beside the front door , such a sweet detail :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "No Cards, Tags or ATCs" Challenge.
Fiona x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fab. project Val - the Roses around the door take me right back to my childhood (and that's a LONG way away) when Mum had climbing roses growing around the door. Absolutely love this little house.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...