Followers

Thursday 26 April 2012

Less is More week 64 How Charming

Morning everyone, well if you read my previous post you'll know how late I am this week, I've hardly commented on anyone's blog so apologies for that! I'll try and catch up to see what everyone has been up to:)
This week's challenge for the LIMettes is to use a charm on a card. I wanted to use some of my new stamps especially the leaves and I eventually came up with this.

The stamp is by Chapel Art and I stamped the Judikins postage stamp in Memento black and masked off the inner square and sponged Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed and Victorian Velvet. I stamped the leaves in black, cut out the squares and pop dotted them on to the ivory square card. The sentiment is a Jenny Mayes one stamped in Victorian Velvet and the charm fell off a bracelet and is attached with a heart brad.

Thanks for taking the time to visit it's much appreciated:)

15 comments:

Sasha said...

Beautifully stamped, Val, and I love the warmth of colour you have achieved.

Love your latest photo of Charlie on your side bar...he's sooooo cute! x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Gorgeous colours and an elegant design Val - love the leaf image and the placement of the squares.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Hello Valerie
This card is beautifully executed with a stunning composition and the addition of the leaf charm is beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Vicky Hayes said...

Your squares are literally glowing with colour Val and I love the silhouetted leaves. Your charm is gorgeous too. Vicky x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your card Val...love the vibrant colours and your charm is sweet

Anne

Viv said...

What a fabulous card Val, I love the stamping and that great colour too. Lovely pic of Charlie, I always look at him when I visit, I have a new one of my Charlie too.....taken by me just as he was smiling :) Viv xx

Christine said...

What a warm colours! I think it's a great card for the Less is More challenge this week!
hug
Christine

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Valerie!
I thought you had used Pan Pastels at first... what wonderful vibrant colours!
Super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card Val. Love the design and the happy colours.
Yvonne x

Susan said...

This turned out just beautiful!! Love that leaf charm! I think the sponged colors really adds a lot of depth to the card...just beautiful!

Mandi said...

Fantastic card Valerie
Love the rich colours

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Scrapmate said...

I love the colours on this - almost a sunset backdrop.

Jenny said...

Sorry I'm so late getting round to your LIM card Valerie!! I love the beautiful warm inking and the leaf charm...such a perfectly designed card :0)
Jenny x

Aquarius said...

Charming card - sorry!! Love the leaves and the colours.

G Peplow said...

Hi Valerie, So sorry I'm really behind with my visiting:{ I missed congratulating you for your beautiful highlighted card:0) It's so pretty what gorgeous colour and a great design, love it!! Gay xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...