Followers

Monday 5 December 2011

Less is More week 44 colour

Well here we are at the start of another week and one  week closer to Christmas, which is a bit scary, as I haven't finished my shopping! It's my sister Karen's turn to be host this year so no Christmas dinner for me to worry about!
 I'd like to thank everyone for the birthday wishes that were left on my blog last Friday,  I had a lovely day culminating in a fabulous French meal with Jim and my best friend and her husband. I also got very excited when I was asked to be a guest on the DT for Make My Monday this month, woo hoo!! Then this morning another email to say I'd won some pearls from the Simplicity blog. I may have to buy a lottery ticket this week:)

Anyway I digress and so onto this weeks challenge that Chrissie and Mandi have set for us over at Less is More. It is a colour week and they have chosen GREEN. Not a colour choice I use very often but better than ORANGE!! So here is what I have come up with.


 I stamped the sentiment (no name, bought in Canada) with Spanish Olive versamagic and mounted onto pearl green card. With a glue pen and chameleon glitter I highlighted the letters and the branches which were from an SU punch. Apologies for the poor photo quality as it's difficult to see the the glitter on the letters and the gems are a very pale green.
I have also entered it into the MMM challenge which is to use glitter on a seasonal card.
Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving a comment as I love to visit you:)

18 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Love this card the ribbon is gorgeous and in real life with all the shine and glitter bet it is magical. Congratulations on all your recent successes. XOXO Zoe

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card, Val. I can see the glitter it looks lovely...just enough:) And I love the stamped sentiment:)

Where have you been in Canada? My brother lives on Vancouver Island...it's beautiful!

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful, it's a super sentiment and the whole thing looks just fab.
Thanks so much for joining us again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Terrific card Valerie, what a fantastic sentiment stamp
Superb card

thank you very much
mandi LIM

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Val great sentiment

Anne

Aquarius said...

Very elegant card - I must persevere with the LIM style which I find difficult

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Valerie..congrats on the GDT slot at MMM...so well deserved, we all love your creations. This one being no exception...so very simple but fabulous! Thanks for continuing to play along with us at Make My Monday. Suzanne

Meggymay said...

Love your card, it has a real classy look.
Yvonne x

Christine said...

I love it Valerie! Cute bloglay-out!
Christine

Mynn xx said...

Oh, love that touch of glitter--fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at MMM! :)

Rosemary said...

hi val!!! your card is just lovely!! thanks for always leaving me such sweet comments!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this Val! Green and glitter is perfect together (you only have to look at a frosty garden!) Vx

Suzi B said...

This is just beautiful, I love it. I love to see you work at MMM
Suzi B x

Unknown said...

Great card Val - love the sentiment.

Jose said...

Great card, and love the way you have used the little branch SU punch, I have this punch never thought of using it like this.

G Peplow said...

Congrats on all your good news Valerie:0) What a lovely card, the ribbon works brilliantly and looks very elegant, that's a gorgeous sentiment and the whole card is really well balanced, have fun, Gay xxx

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card Valerie - thanks for joining in again at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Fliss said...

A beautiful card Valerie. The sentiment is lovely and the card is so elegant.
Thanks for joining in again over at Make My Monday and lovely to see you.
Fliss xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...