Followers

Monday 19 September 2011

Talk like a Pirate Day blog hop


Myspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace Glitter       Myspace GlitterMyspace Glitter   
    Myspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace GlitterMyspace Glitter

Welcome me 'earties to our Talk like a Pirate blog hop hosted by
Gill  If you have just been wondering through blog land and landed on my beach then you are very welcome, but if you have arrived from
Alethea  http://lilodesigns.blogspot.com/  then you are hopping the correct plank!



For my first offering I have made a card using Craft Artist that I am going to send to one of my nephews. I started with a desert island background and added the characters and necessary 
accessories for a pirate! The photos show the front, back and inside of the card
I added gems to the treasure chest!










For my second project I have made an easel card. For the front of the card I printed an old map from the internet, distressed the edges with ink and tore and curled some of it. I cut out an image of a galleon and raised it up with foam pads. The pirate is a digi image that I printed out a couple of times and decoupaged.  The inside scene was created on Craft Artist and I used the treasure trunk as the stopper.








Hope you have enjoyed looking at my projects  and you can catch the next pirate here by visiting 
Jacki -  http://cardsbyjacki.blogspot.com/



http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com/2011/09/international-talk-like-pirate-day-blog.html

24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Val...any little boy would just love it..

Anne

Jacki Daniels said...

Valerie fab work love I think the bottom one is my fav as it's a cutie (like me lol)
Jacki xx

LisaG said...

They be thar some great pirate projects Cap'n Val! Yer nephew goin' t' love th' card. I've ne'er heard o' Craft Artist but it sure looks good!

Well done!

Cap'n Lisa
xx

Aquarius said...

What a great idea and I love both of your projects - very piratish (is that a word??)I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

Love your projects! Awesome!
Vicki

Linda Dale said...

Awesome projects. Great Job!

Beckie said...

Ooo i love the easel card! The others are fab too

Sasha said...

Love how you did your twisted easel card, Val. Both cards are fab! Your nephew will love his card:)

Lisa said...

ahoy matey! what wonderful projects ye have made! A true treasure! I'm excited to be a new follower looking for to seeing even more!!

Have a scrap- happy day!
Lisa G
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Ships ahoy!!!! Two great pirate cards Val - and I am sure that a "big" boy will love one of them!!! lol

Gill McCall said...

YO HO HO Pirate Val it be Capn Gill checking in!
WOW your projects are fabby - ive never actually created a card using CA as only done layouts - must make mental note to create cards too! Thank you for a fun post on your blog today and for taking part

Carla said...

Your card is adorable. Thanks so much for sharing your card.


http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
racincrafts at aim dot com

Christine said...

Great idea Valerie! Every little boy is fan of this!
Christine

Becky Dunham said...

Fabulous cards Valerie! I have never heard of Craft Artist - definitely need to check it out. Love how you did the easel card with the treasure chest as a stopper! Very fine pirating girlie!

G Peplow said...

Brilliant cards, love both projects, clever you! This makes gorgeous cards for the small guys, simply lovely Gay xxx

Karenladd said...

LOL...that first card just cracks me up!! Fabulous cards!

Liz said...

fab cards, never heard of Craft Artist, I am definitely going to google that!!!

Anita said...

all of your projects are great.
hugs, Anita

lorby said...

I really like both your projects. How cute! You're nephew is going to be one happy pirate. Jearise in Lorby's world.

joydee1963 said...

Very cool projects,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

Jackie Lilly said...

Your cards are fantastic! Great pirate projects.

AmyJRockstar said...

Hi Val,
These are super cute! My nephew would love them. :0) I think you need to make one more using a Cricut cut and enter our challenge over at http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com this week. What do you think? ;) TFS!

Be sure to stop by my blog to enter my 500 followers giveaway! Coming up soon!

XO ~ Amy Jo (follower & FCCB Coordinator)
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Arrrg Val, this is just perfect for your nephew!!! The fellow lass will love it:-)

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Love your pirate projects.
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...