Followers

Saturday 24 September 2011

Scrapbox challenge














Apologies first  for the photo quality but the light was poor and some of the scraps were shiny!!
Anyway this week's challenge at CBGM is

to create a project using scraps or elements from your scrapbox - the topper can be new but everything else needs to be from the scrapbox. For this challenge you need to take a before and after photo.
My base card is white A5 and I distressed the edges with Antique Linen. The backing paper is similar to brown parcel paper and was the insert on a pack of parchment paper, I punched the corners with MS daisy punch and matted it to the base and wrapped a length of brown vintage ribbon around the middle. The yellow layer was mottled card stock with a torn edge and I used the waste from the punched corner to create the negative daisy shape. The top piece on the left picture was left over from a print out of a BP from a cd and I tore it and positioned it on top of the yellow card stock and using a small tonic punch, punched out flowers from the yellow card for embellishments. The flower was also punched out of the remaining scraps and a gem brad used to hold them together. The topper is a bookmark that is from a series of art pictures, this being Klimt, that I found in The Works. I matted it on to a strip of gold mirri card that I cut with decorative scissors. The sentiment is stamped on an SU label stamp.



Good luck with the challenge and please remember that to enter you must be a follower of Gill's blog and link your post directly to the challenge and mention Creations by Gill McCall in your posting.
Thanks for looking and please let me know if you have visited so that I can visit you:)

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

What I great idea - we all have so much in our 'scrap' boxes - I know I have!!

Unknown said...

Great card - love Klimt. Think I could make hundreds of cards from my scrapbox!!! lol

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a great idea making cards from your scrap box I am with Karen on this one....


Anne

Christine said...

That's a great idea! I love the things you make! You have it Valerie!!
Hug from Belgium
Christine

Gill McCall said...

such a fabby creation from your scrapbox, thanks for being the inspiration for this challenge

GinaA said...

This is superb, I love Gustav Klimt and have a poster copy of 'the kiss'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...