Followers

Saturday 27 November 2010

Bah Humbug Shades of Blue

The challenge this week is shades of blue and  I decided to try something I saw in a craft store in Canada this summer.  I masked off top and bottom of my glossy card and brayered with a Kaleidoscope pad and with black brilliance stamped fir trees (hobby art stamp) across it. I inked a piece of stampbord with the same colour and stamped the tree on top. I've highlighted with silver stickles and placed it on the card. The background is a Christmas vellum from QVC with ribbon and a knot to the side. Some gems and a sentiment complete the card.
thanks for looking
Valerie

3 comments:

Irene said...

What a stunning card Valerie. The vibrant colours are gorgeous, and I love the vellum background. The technique you have used for the trees is awesome and what a beautiful effect it gives. The addition of the tree on stampboard is just perfect.

Thank you so much for joining in our last challange of 2010.
irene
Bah!Humbug!

Max said...

Stunning Valerie - I love everything about this card. So pleased that you intend to join us in 2011, we look forward to having you. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

wow love how you have used the stampboard - I really must give that a try.
I do hope we will see you in 2011 as I have so enjoyed visiting your blog recently.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...