Followers

Thursday 14 March 2013

Less is More, Alpha and other bits!

Morning everyone, apologies for lack of commenting this week but it 's been very busy and I had lots of projects to complete as well as celebrating with Charlie:) So grab a cuppa and come and see what I've been up to.
Firstly a card for this week's LIM and MMM challenges which are Spots and Stripes and Heat embossing, respectively:


Dry embossed lines, punched holes, pearls and a very old freebie stamp from Craft Stamper that has been heat embossed with silver EP. WOW sentiment stamped in SU Perfectly Plum.

Next is my Altered dictionary for the Craft Barn Alpha challenge. This week the letters were MA-ME, see if you can guess what I chose:)




Inked page, Debbi Moore Venetian images and Liquid Pearls. Glitter and gems for bling and the letters are stamped from an old alphabet set.

My friend's daughter went to Paris for the weekend and came back engaged! So obviously a card had to be made for Elly and Richard:)


Embossed panel, Labels 18, Heartfelt sentiment, pearls and bling letters!

Finally blogger was playing up and wouldn't let me upload my pics of Charlie's birthday card on my previous post! So here it is, I was inspired by Anne's card and it's called a double dutch fold.


Tatty Ted holding 1st Birthday candle, cakes stamped for the background on denim paper.


You must be on your 2nd cuppa if you stayed with me:) At Rock Choir this week we were raising money for Comic Relief and I took along a box of cards, mostly DT ones that have been taking up room in my tiny craft room and everyone went mad for them and I raised over £100 pounds!  I feel I have done my bit for Comic Relief and was delighted that they were so well received, this is the first time I have ever sold anything!!
Thanks for taking the time to visit me and hopefully leaving a comment:)


24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Val..well you have been a busy lady...lovely selection if cards ..loved Charlie's card...congrats on selling all your cards for Comic relief

Anne

Suzi B said...

Wow Val... I don't know where to start.. all the cards are fabulous. Thank you for joinng us at MMM love the simplicity. As for the alpha page..... fantastic!
Suzi B xx

Viv said...

Wow Val so many projects, all fabulous of course as usual! Hope Charlie had a lovely birthday, can't believe they are both a year old already!!!where did that year go?? been busy too with GDT cards for the Craft Barn....more on that soon lol :) Viv xx

Aquarius said...

You have been busy and I reckon that was a 2-cuppa post!! Lovely cards and of course the dictionary page is great too.

Christine said...

Hello Valerie!
What a beauty's that you've showed! I like them all!
Hug
Christine

Vicky Hayes said...

Still on the first cuppa Val! What a lovely gallery of cards and I adore the dictionary page too! Glad you had a lovely time celebrating Charlie's birthday and very impressed at raising all that money for Comic Relief too! Vicky x

G Peplow said...

Hi Val, Lots of beautiful cards here today, you have been really busy! I love the LIM creation and Charlies is gorgeous too! Congratulations on raising so many pennies for comic relief, clever you,that's a brilliant amount!!! hugs Gay x

Meggymay said...

Wow, a wonderful selection of gorgeous cards. The Alpha page looks fantastic.
Well done for raising all that cash for Comic Relief.
Yvonne x

Scrapmate said...

A wonderful glamorous alpha page. Your link from the Craft Barn blog doesn't seem to be working.

Mynn xx said...

Such fabulous creations, Val! LOVE all of them--your CAS card for MMM is just stunning! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Loll said...

Wow Val ... you HAVE been busy!! Four lovely projects ... each so unique and SO creative!! Congrats on raising money for charity with your beautiful cards! Loll xx

Rosemary said...

what a fabulous set of projects, val!! your LIM card is beautiful, the altered pages are AMAZING, the engagement card is gorgeous and well... charlie's card is too cute!! congrats on selling all your cards, too!! i think you have had an pretty good week!!

Sandy said...

Your dictionary page is gorgeous - I love the way you put the word in the eye of the mask - gorgeous page!!
Sandy

Sylvia said...

Fabulous dictionary pages, love the large mask and the masked lady, great colours too.

Sylv xx

Laura Mackie Stampin' Up! said...

Gorgeous cards, thank you for joining us this week at make my monday :)

Chrissie said...

What a lovely bunch of card Val!
You have really been busy.
Love them.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karen said...

Gorgeous Valerie! I love that mask! Thank you for joining us again over at The Craft Barn x

Jenny said...

I've been a bit thin on the ground commenting wise this week too so it's good to catch up :0)
Love your spots and stripes card, such a great design and your altered dictionary page is amazing love the definition peeking through the mask.
Charlie's card is soooo cute, I bet he had such a lovely birthday with everyone there to celebrate...I'm going to see the photos below :0)
Well done on all that money you raised, it's such a good feeling to see people appreciate your handywork isn't it :0)
Are you at Ali Pali next month?
Jenny x

Sally H said...

You have been busy! These are all gorgeous too! I love them all. I can't believe Charlie is one already - gorgeous photos by the way x

Bev said...

Val, all of your cards are simply divine, but I do like the tatty teddy and engagement cards.

Hope Charlie had a great birthday!

Bev x

Sasha said...

Stunning work, Val! You have been really busy and put me to shame.

Just had a look at your previous post and little Charlie's birthday photo's are really lovely. It doesn't seem a year since he was born, and he's growing so quickly into a gorgeous little boy.

Thank you so much for your kind words on our loss of Cookie. We are all missing her so much...she was or baby. Hugs, Sasha xx

Anonymous said...

So much to comment on! 1st card is gorgeously art deco-ish. Gorgeous! Love the definition peeking out through the mask's eyehole. No one could have been cleverer. The engagement card is so elegant and luxurious-something they will treasure for sure. Charlie's birthday card is so darn cute! Love that teddy and what fun folding! An last, congrats on earning all lot money, money, money! Wooohooo!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful all around. But of course I will particularly praise the Mask page for the Craft Barn. Absolutely gorgeous !!
Thanks for playing with us
Izzy

G Peplow said...

Loads of congratulations here Val, wonderful cards and well done with your gorgeous Masquerade page for the CB, fabulous work my friend, hugs Gay x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...