Followers

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Catch up!

Hi everyone, goodness it's been 3 weeks again since I posted but I haven't been entering any challenges lately so less cards to show!

One of the last challenges I entered I won a prize, so exciting!! I entered it in the LIM challenge and also Stamping Sensations and it was there that I won £35 to spend at Imagination Crafts online store. What a generous prize and I managed to spend it without any problem :) I got some stencils, decoupage stamps, Sparkle medium and a couple of other bits! Also I have been invited to be GD in their January challenge. Here is the card that I won with.

In the meantime it was my BiL's birthday and he is a train enthusiast so this is what I made him:


I downloaded a photo of a train that was part of a steam experience that he had been on and changed it to a pen and ink drawing. I printed it out twice having digitally removed everything except the engine which I was then able to decoupage making it appear as if it was coming out of the card. I was busy practising my rock choir songs and went a little overboard with the pearls dots, but hey ho he probably didn't notice! The sentiment is a freebie from Netty.

It is my Sil's birthday on Friday and I'm hoping she doesn't read this before then but we have a very busy weekend on and I won't get the chance to post it otherwise!


Another box card I'm afraid but I just love them and they are always so well received. For this one I used Craftwork cards Paris pad and just cut out various elements to build up the box. The cartouche stamp part of a large freebie set from Creative Stamping magazine and the Cafe de Paris stamp is a Darkroom Door one.

Last Saturday we saw the Kinks musical, Sunny Afternoon, amazing and would definitely recommend it to anyone and then on to Browns for a fab meal! Yesterday my friend and I went to see Mr Turner at the cinema and that is also a must to see, beautifully shot. 
This weekend we are singing at the turning on of the Hampstead lights, which is a very big affair and often with celebs watching us:)

Thanks for staying with me on this fairly long post and hope to catch up with you all soon.







13 comments:

Unknown said...

Tony's card is even nicer IRL - he was really pleased with it and no, he didn't notice all the pearl dots!!! lol Another great card in a box as well, so pretty. Sounds like you've got a busy weekend - good luck at Hampstead, fingers crossed for the weather.

Hugs.

Karen x

Pia S said...

Great masculine card, I think the unevenly placed pearls work so well with this design.
Your pop up box card is gorgeous, what a wonderful combination of elements to create a vintage feel with a French touch!

Meggymay said...

Two fantastic cards, the box card looks so wonderfully vintage.
Yvonne x

Sally H said...

two wonderful cards, Val! Love the train one particularly. My FIL would LOVE it! So pleased you didn't have trouble spending your prize, lol! It will be great to have you join us as GDT. Have fun singing at the weekend - hope you get lots of lovely celebs this year ;)

Loll said...

Hi Val. Your BIL will love his card with the train ... boys and their toys, right??!!

LOVE this box card for your SIL ... with all the fabulous French elements. I am going to try making one of these box cards soon ... finger's cross it works! Loll xx

Viv said...

Two great cards - male one is perfect (pearly dots and all) and I love the pop up. x

Rosemary said...

both cards are fabulous and I know they were very well received!

Annette said...

Ooooh and another one! I was just pottering around your blog and saw your lovely masculine card and your amazing box card too. Lovely creations.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Ester said...

Oh, your box card looks just amazing! I've tried to make one but failed miserably, sometimes I'm too hasty.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous creations Val - the steam train is perfect for a masculine card, and I LOVE the pop-up box - they are great fun to make and to receive.
Hope you enjoyed the singing event this weekend - you are so talented!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Val and Tony's card is even nicer in real life....
love the vintage look of your card in a box...

Anne

Darnell said...

Great to see you back again, Val! I know Tony loved this special card you made for him! You put a lot of work into make it very special for him! I love the box card, too ~ also a lot of love and work went into it! I hope your special event at Hampstead goes well!! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

Ooh Val you have been busy ! love your beautiful cards, great train one ( well done on your win whoo hoo) and the box one is amazing too.Hope the singing went well ! Have a lovely weekend my friend ;)hugs Viv xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...