Followers

Thursday 2 May 2013

Happy Birthday!

Hi everyone, are you enjoying the gorgeous weather which may last for the bank holiday weekend!!! We were Charlie sitting last weekend and the weather was soooooo cold! It brightened up on Monday and we took Charlie for a walk to the park where they have a mini domestic zoo which he loved. I put his reins on and he walked for 40 minutes:) He quite liked the slide but refused to get in a swing:)



Today is my sister Karen's birthday and as she is an avid crafter I try to find something a bit different card wise for her. Come and see what I made:

 

I saw this technique on Ruth Hamilton's blog and loved the design so here is my take on it. Ruth's post is pretty long so scroll down until you find the deets if you fancy having a go:)
I used an SU embossing folder and some Prima botanical paper for the contrast and I made the candy buttons from the same pad.

Tomorrow is my great nephew's birthday, he will be 17 and I find it really hard to make cards for teenagers. I've kept it fairly minimal using a MB die and some hand cut clouds. I sponged through the waste for some interest on the insert.


Thanks for taking the time to leave any comments and a big hello to Deepti and Sandie who are new followers. They are new members of the ATSM DT which I have just resigned from as we have a busy few months coming up and there are some challenges that I have missed out on because of DT commitments:) 
Apologies for lack of commenting I hope to catch up soon:)

15 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Val but love the technique you have used on Karens card....

Anne

Viv said...

Awww the lovely Charlie, so nice to see the latest pic of him,... don't they grow so fast!How great having a crafting sister, hope you share 'stuff'. Fabulous cards Lynne, so clever and looks complicated the first one, how great it turned out too.The second is gorgeous, love that skyline scene. I hate teenagers card making too, I used that boy using a play station for my nephew who is the only teenager in our family atm. thank heavens, I used snazzy cars before that as he loves them.:) Viv xx

Sue said...

Two fabulous cards, Val. The one for your sister is beautiful, I'm sure she will be thrilled with it. Have been enjoying the sunshine - we are doing a garden makeover. Sue x

Sasha said...

Lovely photo of Charlie, Val. He's growing so fast.
Two fab cards! I love your card for Karen...looks like a fine knit cardigan! The skyline card for your nephew is really effective and I love how you added warm lighting to some of the windows x

Jenny said...

Oh the cardigan card is brilliant Val, love all the details on the pockets and button band, I hope your sister is suitably impressed :0) Great teenagers card too, they are quite tricky aren't they!!
Cute pictures of Charlie, you have to admit slides are better *wink*
Jenny x

Meggymay said...

Two fabulous cards, I love the shaped one, your sister will love it.
Yvonne x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

The CARDigan is awesome Val - I really love the detail. When I first saw it I thought you had been knitting!
The teenager card design is brilliant - I find it so difficult to come with ideas for teenagers and males.
Love the picture of your beautiful Grandson - it doesn't seem very long since you announced his arrival - how time flies.
Have a lovely weekend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Kylie said...

Great card, Val!! I bet Karen loved it!! Can't wait to see Charlie venture on the swings!! xx

Rosemary said...

the card you made for your sister is absolutely AMAZING, val!! the card for your great-nephew is pretty fab, too!! love the picture of your little Charlie... so cute!

Unknown said...

Well Val everyone's correct - I loved the CARDigan!!! lol That SU e/f was the perfect choice as it does look like it's been knitted. Bright and fresh colours are great. Must say I received lots of beautiful handmade cards - they are all fab. Sorry to hear you've decided to leave ATS but can quite understand. Great photo of Charlie Bear - wonder why he didn't fancy the swing?

Karen x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous CARDigan, Val, and the CAS card for your great nephew is gorgeous too. Charlie is growing up so fast! He is such a handsome little fella.

Darnell said...

Well, darn, I had no idea it was Karen's birthday and now I'm late in wishing her HB wishes. But, then again, better late than never, so thank you, Val, for posting that. I absolutely adore the "cardigan" you made for her!! And your other card and, especially, Charlie were fun to see! They will miss you at ATSM!!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love both your gorgeous cards Val! What an amazing one for your sister, I bet she loved it to bits! (although hopefully not literally!) Great job on the teen card too, I think it's a perfect choice of image. Vicky x

Bev said...

Wow Val, your card for your sister is awesome, what a great way to use EF's, I'm sure she'll love it.I bet your nephew will be chuffed with his card too!

Thanks for the link to the folded card, I'll give it a go soon

Bev x

Anonymous said...

Oh Valerie I have been missing in action and hadn't realised you had left ATSAM am sure you will be sorely missed. Charlie is such a cutie and looks all grown up. How times flies eh. Karen's card is amazing and judging by her comment she was really pleased.love the skyline card very dramatic.

Marie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...