Followers

Sunday 8 January 2012

Less is More week 49 Colour

Evening all,  Chrissie and Mandi over at LIM towers have set us a colour challenge this week and it's 
                         Predominantly Purple
Now I don't possess much in the way of purple card or even ink! Most of my inks are verging on lilac so I hope my card will pass muster.


My topper is a window die that I cut in half and cut the shaped piece off the waste and added it back to create a smaller window. I inked it with a Marvy ink block which gave it a slightly distressed look. Using the square waste pieces of card I stamped the water scene,(Canadian stamp) attached them to the base card and used foam squares to put the frame on top. The shell embellishments are shrink plastic stamped with a freebie from craft stamper and glossy accents for highlights.
The sentiment is printed with my xyron and punched out using half of the SU label punch with ribbon inked to match.
Thanks for visiting and please leave a comment so I can visit you:)

15 comments:

Chrissie said...

It's a great window Valerie, what a fabulous image too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sasha said...

Love your card, Val. Such a great idea...looking out the window onto that lovely scene. A really lovely CAS card:)

Your water scene reminds me of Maple Bay, Vancouver Island, where my brother lives:)

Rosemary said...

fabby card, val!!! hope you have a wonderful new year!!

Aquarius said...

Ingenious way of making the topper - great stuff

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the window effect on your card Val and a great image too.

Anne

Kathyk said...

Well, lilac's a shade of purple anyway ...... and your card is beautiful - I love that image

Welcome to 2012

Kathyk

G Peplow said...

Hi Valerie, Gorgeous, I love all the details of your card. Windows are just great because you're drawn to look through, pretty too, Gay xxx

Mandi said...

Utterly stunning Valerie
Love it!
Happy new year to you, not sure I said it personally to you


Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

I'm back
LOVE your blog background, that reindeer is adorable

Sally H said...

Wow, Valerie! That is just Beautiful! I love it, especially that water scene. Perfectly purple!

Aileen said...

Super window scene and I love how you used the punch for your sentiment. It looks great cut in half. x

Jenni's Jems said...

This really lovely ! x

Viv said...

Another beautiful card Val :O) Viv xx

Susan said...

Beautiful scene behind your window! Fab card!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oooh - sorry I missed this little beauty Valerie. Love the "through the window" design - the scene is fabulous.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...