Followers

Monday 3 October 2011

Celebrations

Hi everyone and a special hello to my new followers from our World Cardmaking day blog hop! Hopefully you will check in on all the days as there is some amazing blog candy on offer:)
We are just back from a lovely weekend in Portsmouth to celebrate my DIL's birthday and had a fantastic afternoon in Hamble.






















Lara's card is a cross over card, which is two square cards joined together and each flap is cut in half diagonally so that the  decoration on the centre panel can be seen. She loves Forever Friends and anything sweet, hence the cakes in the box!

The paper on the front is an embossed one from some candy that I won a while ago. The label with the sentiment was cut from my silhouette and the bear was stamped and coloured with PM's and mounted on a beaded oval nestie. I punched 2 holes with eyelets and threaded brown ribbon through and tied a bow.


Today is our anniversary (41 years, how did that happen!) and I used the same stamp to make a card for Jim. The BP was from the same candy and I used an MS punch to edge it and added some ribbon and mounted the bear onto a nestie.
As I write this I think Jim is frantically making me a card on Publisher and Dom(eldest son) is cooking a wonderful risotto:)
Thanks for visiting and we are off again on Sunday to Zante so apologies for the lack of comments on your blogs but I will try to visit if I can get internet access!

9 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lara must have been over the moon with her card and I liked the one you did for Jim.
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend in the sunshine.

Anne

Luanne said...

How sweet! lovely cards.

Aquarius said...

Congratulations and these are two lovely Forever Friends cards

Christine said...

Congratulations! Sweet cards!
Christine

AmyJRockstar said...

Both of these are so great! I just love that sweet little bear! Do you recall where he's from? If so, please leave me a comment or shoot me an email. I'll be posting on the final day of the hop. :0)

Be sure to enter my 500 followers giveaway!

XO ~ Amy Jo
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Two lovely cards Val - bet Lara loved her FF card with cakes - yum!!! The BP looks like it's been bought already punched as the colours seem to go with the punch so well.......

G Peplow said...

Hi Valerie, That looks a fab place to visit, glad you had a good time and Happy Anniversary to you and Hubby, bit late sorry:0)
Two brill cards, love the chocolatey colours too!I hope you have fun on holiday mmm Zante sounds perfect, Gay xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous cards Val! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Congratulations on your anniversary - 41 years! (Makes my 17 seem a bit lame...!) Have a wonderful holiday! Vx

Shirley said...

They are both adorable and I am sure were loved by all!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...