Followers

Wednesday 10 August 2011

A new arrival!

A very good friend has just become a grandmother for the 3rd time, all boys! I love boys:)
The new arrival is Edward Joseph and I've been busy making congratulation cards for the parents and grandparents.
The first card is one that I cased from Chrissie Stokes and thought it was such a lovely idea which could be adapted for different occasions. Check out her blog as she creates some amazing cards (her latest post are more lovely baby cards) and with Mandi she is the founder of Less is More challenges.

I created a basic side stepper card and the stamp was a freebie from a Docrafts Creativity magazine. The edges are all sponged with blue ink and have  pearls for handles. The teddy stamp was coloured with PM's. He really should be a bluey grey colour but I didn't have the right PM so he is a more traditional colour:)


The 2nd card is a square scalloped base with some torn gingham paper and paper ribbon and the info is printed on to a memo note. These were all created on Craft Artist. The baby image was a free digi from Beyond the Fringe Crafts that I coloured with PM's. Carmen and her family create beautiful digis and they are all free so go check them out.





Please leave a comment if you are passing by as I love to read your reactions:)

10 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Valerie, Two inspired baby cards and both beautiful, well done, Gay xxx

Aquarius said...

two great cards and I especially like the first one - so unusual

Meggymay said...

Two gorgeous baby cards, love the bear on the first one. Yvonne x

Carmen said...

Awww, both of these are just adorable! I really like the bear too...did you make it? Very time consuming, but so cute!! Thanks so much for using my image and giving us a shout out! I will post the link on the post the digi is on. Awesome cards!

Vicky Hayes said...

Both of these are gorgeous Val and perfect for welcoming the new arrival! I met my cousin's new arrival while I was away and had a lovely cuddle. Boys, girls... it just doesn't matter does it?! Vx

Stamps and Paper said...

Tow great cards Val...your stepper card is great with the little bear popping his head out of the drawer,

Anne

Pauline said...

Oh these are adorable! Perfect new baby cards, so sweet!

Sasha said...

Both your cards are beautiful, but the stepper card is my favourite. I love the idea of the drawers with ted peeking out.

Viv said...

Two really cute cards Valerie, I love them :O) Viv xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Both cards are darling, Valerie, but your Side-Stepper card is over the top stunning. It definitely has both "WOW" and "AWWW" factors. The teddy is adorable and I love the little guy sticking out of the top drawer. I'm also loving those pearl drawer pulls.

Thank you for all of your lovely comments on my blog, especially your kind words concerning the passing of my bunny, Neelix. You are very sweet and thoughtful.

Blessings & hugs,
Teresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...