Followers

Friday 10 June 2011

2 Challenges!

This month's challenge for the St Luke's Charity Card challenge is "Come fly with me" and I hadn't got around to thinking about it until I saw the theme over at The Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight challenge. My crafty friend Jacki is hosting this one and was looking for support. The theme is parchment, which is not a technique I have ever attempted, but I thought what the heck and decided to combine the two challenges by using butterflies and a dragonfly on parchment.
I drew the images and embossed them on a foam mat and coloured the back with promarkers. I attached the parchment to a torn piece of blue handmade paper with a jewelled brad. The base card I covered with some backing paper (candy from Jacki) that matched and used the offcuts to create a border and then mounted the topper with foam pads.
Please don't look too close as the butterflies are a little rough :)
Check out the St Luke's Charity card site as it's a very worthwhile cause and support Jacki's challenge, as there are loads of you out there who are brilliant at parchment craft!
Thanks for looking!



11 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

You've done a great job with the parchment - I'm hopeless with the stuff! I love the colouring on the back of it on the dragonfly to match the backing papers - inspired!
Thanks so much for coming flying with us at St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge.
Best wishes
Tara (aka Craftilicious) x

Jacki Daniels said...

Valerie thank you so much fotr taking the time to join in with spotlight I really do appreciate it and you have done wonderfully I love it and thanks for the great comments you always kleave me too I love those as well speak to you soon
Jacki xx

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful card, love your butterflies. I cannot cope with parchment. Yvonne x

Shirley said...

Your parchment work is lovely and the card is beautiful!!!

Scrapcat 1 said...

A fabulous creation especially if it's your first go at parchment craft.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

Sarn said...

Very pretty!

Hugs, Sandra

Stamps and Paper said...

Val such a pretty card, your embossed butterflies are so pretty. Thank you for supporting us over at St Lukes....look forward to seeing you next month?

Anne

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your parchment work is lovely. Landed here from the spotlight challenge set by Jacki.

Jane said...

Butterflies and bling - well put together, congratulations on trying parchment work, also visited you through Jacki's challenge.

Deborah Frings said...

This is wonderful!! Parchment art is something I love to see, but don't have the patience to do! Your butterflies are just super. Thanks for joining us with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge. Hope to see you again next month!

Lynne said...

Beautiful card. I love parchment but like Deborah haven`t the patience to try it myself.
Thanks for joining us at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge. Sorry I so late commenting.
Lynne xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...