Followers

Thursday 7 April 2011

I'm so excited!

So, my exciting news is that since I became involved in the Tartan Blog Hop Gill has invited me onto her design team!!!!!! I start in May and there are fortnightly challenges so watch this space. I was so excited that I have made my first project already :))

I am also a member of the RAK(Random Act of Kindness) club which Gill has just set up, where crafters send each other cards once a month so we receive something nice in the post as opposed to bills and junk mail! The theme this month was to depict something of your country (our chosen partner will be from another country)
and this is what I came up with:
 I used a red DL card base and matted and layered a copy of the London underground map onto black card and mounted a photo of the London skyline to the left. The red ribbon is slotted through the underground logo and a clear bubble and and arrow highlight the area that I live. The sentiment is printed with my Xyron and the London embellishment I bought last year in Michael's in Nova Scotia. If you fancy receiving a nice card once a month then click on the RAK icon on my sidebar or here.
Thanks for looking :)

7 comments:

Viv said...

Wow Valerie what a super card, and so much work in it too.The nestie I used in my card is just an ordinary large one btw.( I used the largest size of the set) . I fold my A4 card in half then cut the nestie leaving a bit sticking out at the top if that makes sense lol :O) Viv xx

Meggymay said...

Love your card. Congratulations on your DT invite.

Bebyles said...

Hi Valerie, I am the lucky one who got your wonderful RAK card today ! I was so excited when I opened the envelope ! Thanks a lot !!! You did a great job :-)

Anonymous said...

No wonder Bebyles is excited. What a great card!

Unknown said...

Hi i am also in the Rak club. Your card is awesome!!!! You have a great blog and I am now your new follower!!!!
http://www.lindaspinkcraftroom.com/

Karen said...

Great card Val - I'm sure whoever receives it will be delighted. Again, congratulations on being invited onto Gill's design team. Looking forward to seeing what the challenges are.

Bea said...

Fab card Valerie - like you I thought we were swapping - I'll get the hang of this yet!! glad to hear you liked yur card
Bea

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...