Followers

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Classic Elegance

The challenge this week over at The Shabby Tea Room is classic elegance using black, red and white. I decided to use a fold that I found on the StampARTic blog which has some amazing tutorials and go for black as the main colour. I matted white card on the inside and stamped with a freebie from Craft Stamper and the sentiment is from my digital Xyron printer. I used a floral silhouette stamp with white stazon and overstamped with cranberry and highlighted with white glitter. The front I punched  a strip of red card with MS daisy punch and stamped dragonflies and used pearls to decorate.The other front I mounted on white card and stamped a butterfly, glittered and cut it out and mounted it on the red card.
Thanks for looking :)
 

7 comments:

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card Valerie, gorgeous colours.

PapierGirl said...

Elegant - love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Anonymous said...

Valerie, your card is so elegant!!! It reminds me a bit of Asian lacquer with the red and black...and its elegance.

Karen said...

Stunning card Val.

Kate Yetter said...

Love the butterfly boarders! The inside is beautiful too!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous dragonflys and butterflys!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Black and red are always so stunning together, beautiful card.

Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...